Hydroxycholoquine is a relatively old and inexpensive drug that is used to treat malaria in both children and adults. In India, the export of this substance is prohibited. It has the potential to be used as an anti-viral agent to protect healthcare workers from contracting an infection.
It is possible that more than ten large companies are supplying hydroxychloroquine to the United States.
- WATSON PHARMA PRIVATE LIMITED
- CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
- IPCA LABORATORIES LIMITED
- SENORES PHARMACEUTICALS PVT. LTD
- LAURUS LABS PRIVATE LIMITED
- INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
- CITUS RESEARCH LLP
- LUPIN LIMITED
- SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- DASAMI LAB PRIVATE LIMITED are some of the companies in the pharmaceutical industry.